Skip to main content

National Volunteer Appreciation Week

April’s Volunteer Appreciation Week is an opportunity to share our sincere thanks to the many volunteers who make a difference at Dove and in the community each day. Some of the activities have been held already and some will take place in the next two weeks. Some of the activities include a lunch or a cup of coffee or a small token of appreciation. All of the activities in a small way thank the volunteers for their amazing service and dedication. 



Below we want to share a few comments from volunteers in the programs, answering the question "I choose to volunteer with Dove because....."





I love the organization and what they stand for. The staff are very on top of their game.

Domestic Violence Volunteer



I like to give back to community

RSVP Volunteer



Many people need help and the thanks we get from them, is so meaningful...

Clothing Room Volunteer



I believe their mission

RSVP Volunteer



I enjoy helping in a way that I can contribute, that makes me happy and helps the wonderful ladies of Dove!

Domestic Violence Volunteer



I had heard positive things about Dove and how important their work is in the community.

Domestic Violence Volunteer





I wanted to help out those in our community less fortunate than myself and it’s an extension of my lay ministry of visiting shut in and taking communion to then once a week.

RSVP Volunteer



I wish all children to have a chance to have what clothing they need.

Clothing Room Volunteer



I wanted to help those in our community that could use a helping hand after my retirement

RSVP Volunteer



I choose to volunteer because it is a Christian thing to do.

RSVP Volunteer

 

Dove provide so many services that are needed in the community. I also enjoy working with and meeting the other volunteers.

Clothing Room Volunteer

 

Throughout my life someone has been there to help, a volunteer. I therefor must keep that thought process proceeding forward. It’s the least I can do to say thanks for what I’ve been given.

RSVP Volunteer



This community is so blessed have a group such as Dove that gives so much help to so many people in need. I feel so gratified to be able to help whenever I’m able. Thank for you including me in your organization.

RSVP Volunteer

 

Dove is a wonderful organization!! I really enjoy how the children loves the program.

DeWitt County BABES Volunteer



It makes me feel good about myself for helping.

Food Pantry Volunteer



I enjoy working with children helping others is what we are suppose to do.

DeWitt County BABES Volunteer, RSVP Member



I am a Christian who believes we should help others if we can. Since I am healthy, I want to do my part - especially for children.

Clothing Room Volunteer



We see so many people that need help. It feels good to help.

Clothing Room Volunteer



It helps me give back to the community. It feels good.

Food Pantry Volunteer

 

I enjoy talking and working with young children! I promised myself to volunteer when I retired from banking.

BABES Volunteer



I love working with children. The BABES program allows me to teach some very important life lessons to children. This program allows me to do what I love doing, yet the scheduling is flexible enough to fit into my schedule.

BABES Volunteer



I love the organization. The staff is very professional Dove does so many things to help people in need.

Domestic Violence Shelter Volunteer



BABES teaches such good core lessons! Many Decatur students need these lessons. I enjoy the connection with students.

BABES Volunteer



Because it is a great organization and does much good.

RSVP Volunteer



I love doing things/activities for people who need help

RSVP Volunteer



I want to be a part of giving

RSVP Volunteer



We all need to get out every day and be with people and try to do a served for those less fortunate. We need RSVP to find opportunities where we can do volunteer work. It is important to do work at several places. It is especially good when new opportunities come up and we can meet new people. It does wonders for our mental well being when we help others. Without RSVP we would not know about many opportunities that we may volunteer for.

RSVP Volunteer



Our community has so many needs. As a retired senior, I can’t sit around and do nothing to help all the non-profits organizations that could not operate without the help of volunteers. We need RSVP to guide us to the organizations who need our help.

RSVP Volunteer


Thanks to the many, many individuals who take on the role of volunteer and in doing so, make a difference in our communities served, each and every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“have you talked to a trained domestic violence advocate?"

Have you ever had a victim of domestic violence try and open-up to you about their abuse and you not know what to say or how to handle it? Have you found yourself asking a victim of domestic violence, “why do you stay?” Moultrie County Dove Office understands that without being properly trained on domestic violence and best domestic violence practices, it is hard to know what to say or do when a victim of domestic violence finally decides to open-up to you about their abuse and we want you to be better prepared. Asking a victim of domestic violence “why do you stay” can place emphasis in the wrong place and make the victim feel as if they have done something wrong. In all actuality, there are many reasons victims of domestic violence stay in and return to abusive relationships. Victims of domestic violence stay in abusive relationships for fear for their personal safety and the safety and well-being of their children. Statistics show that a victim of domestic violence is at a 75%

Doing our part to make a difference.

 With so much talk everywhere on issues of violence, once again a topic discussed at the CONO (Coalition Of Neighborhood Organizations) meeting this past month in wonder of how to stop violence from happening in our community. Let’s consider narrowed down, violence begins in neighborhoods, no matter where they are. Cities including Decatur, have Stop The Violence campaigns and rallies in order to take a stand and to bring positivity and hope which is so important! But I wonder, doesn’t the remedy lay within each one of us? We must not close our eyes or turn a deaf ear, right, and when we see something, yes, we must say something, but isn’t there more? Doesn’t there need to be hands reaching out to one another in solidarity and hope with a goal in mind like the future of our family, neighborhood and ultimately our world. It begins in a neighborhood, your neighborhood and mine. So, if you don’t already have an active neighborhood group in your area, will you consider starting one? If so

You don't have to be able to Dance to do Baskets

  Growing up in the world of dance, one of my favorite things to do each year is participate in The Nutcracker Ballet. My favorite part? Giving the audience a magical Christmas experience with the perfect setting of lights, music, glittery costumes, and refined steps by ballerinas. The audience is transported to a magical land of sweets that makes even adults feel like small children in awe and wonder. Of course, that’s just what the audience sees! What they don’t see is the months and months before hand! Long rehearsals, bandage wrapped dance feet, and stage and tech crews working tirelessly so that every detail before the final show is perfected. After several years, I have started comparing the Christmas Baskets Process to that of the process for The Nutcracker Ballet. Starting months and months before, staff and volunteers work endlessly for the exhilarating distribution week to come. With that said, the magical essence of the Ballet experience cannot happen with just the prim