- Volunteering is essential to IllinoisEspecially during this budget crisis, now more than ever before your time is needed. Local area not- for- profits are struggling to continue to offer the services our communities desperately need. The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) sponsored by Dove Inc. has provided senior volunteers for forty years and is a great way to get started with National Service.
- Seniors are needed now, more than ever beforeJust imagine how many people could get jobs if more seniors volunteered to teach what they have learned over a lifetime, including helping to bridge the generation gap between the young and old.
- Seniors have choicesAs a senior volunteer you get to choose the service that is meaningful and important to you bringing a level of excitement and enthusiasm that some paid workers may never get to achieve.
- Maintains mental well-beingAccording to a UCLA study, seniors who volunteer not only maintain good brain function, but their brain function and cognitive ability may actually increase. In short, becoming a retired volunteer can actually make a senior citizen smarter!
- Keeps Seniors involved in their communitySenior volunteers spend less time at home and more time in their communities, which helps them increase their social and support networks.
- Volunteering is rewardingVolunteering is rewarding for both the volunteer and those being helped with your time, talent, and expertise.
- Senior Volunteers set their own schedulesSo even if you are already active, our volunteer stations offer flexible scheduling to fit your busy life.
- Have FunStaff and volunteers have a great time together in the RSVP program. If you have any doubts then come on by during our next mailing and see for yourselves. We will have the donuts and coffee ready for you!To learn more about RSVP you can visit the website at www.doveinc.org
Thursday, July 7, 2016
8 Great Reasons to Become a RSVP Volunteer
RSVP Program Director
Many seniors who have spent most of their lives working wonder why they should now volunteer after retirement. Here are a few great reasons to join the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) with Dove Inc.
Have you ever had a victim of domestic violence try and open-up to you about their abuse and you not know what to say or how to handle it?...
Dove, Inc. newest program, Senior Companion Program is part of the Senior Corps and fits in nicely with what we do here at Dove and sup...
I know amid the COVID pandemic, many are finding it hard to be thankful this holiday season. Missing loved ones lost to this devastati...
Looking back to reflect on personal or communal history is guaranteed to bring up a gamut of memories and emotions. This look back rec...