Today marks the first official day of summer, and mother nature agrees! What are your plans this summer? A friend of mine recently told me that her family is creating a summer "bucket list", a list of all the things they want to accomplish before school is back in session and cool fall weather arrives.
Her family has things on their list such as "go to the beach", "make smores", "catch lightning bugs" and "go fishing". I thought this was a great idea since summer seems to fly by quicker each year.
But why not take it one step further? How can we use the "bucket list" to give back? I challenge you to make a summer bucket list and include at least 5 ideas for giving back on your list. Here are some examples:
- Help your neighbor mow on a hot day
- Pull weeds at a local shelter (hey- I know someone that needs that done *wink*wink*!)
- Clean out your kid's closet and donate some of their toys
- Buy an extra box fan and donate it to a senior
- Plan a neighborhood block party
- Find a bargain on toiletries or diapers and donate them to one of Dove's programs
- Get a head start on knitting Christmas stockings for the Christmas basket drive
- ...the options are limited only by your imagination!