Friday, March 28, 2014
10 things to do this Spring
1) Get registered for the Domestic Violence Education and Volunteer Training. Registration begins on April 7 and the training will be held the end of May and first of June.
2) Get trained for the BABES, Beginning Awareness Basic Education Studies presentations for K-3rd graders. You can help finish this school year and be ready for Fall 2014!
3) We are celebrating Earth Day at the Recycling Center on April 25 and 26, 8:00 a.m. to noon. You can cash in your aluminum cans and help out Dove!
4) Get a small group together and help us with some yard work / landscaping. We have beautiful garden areas that will need some attention soon!
5) Donate any children clothing that your family no longer needs to the Dove's Children's Clothing Room.
6) This weekend you can dine at Bob Evan's Restaurant and a portion of the ticket will be donated to the MAX, Macon County Assistance eXchange program.
7) Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Send us an email to make sure you get our monthly newsletter.
8) Sign up for the DoveDash in Shelbyville, a 5K fun run or walk. Supports our Domestic Violence Program.
9) Have an items drive at work or church to support the participants of the Domestic Violence Program.
10) Check out our web site for additional details on all of these activities and more www.doveinc.org
Have you ever had a victim of domestic violence try and open-up to you about their abuse and you not know what to say or how to handle it?...
Dove, Inc. newest program, Senior Companion Program is part of the Senior Corps and fits in nicely with what we do here at Dove and sup...
I know amid the COVID pandemic, many are finding it hard to be thankful this holiday season. Missing loved ones lost to this devastati...
Looking back to reflect on personal or communal history is guaranteed to bring up a gamut of memories and emotions. This look back rec...