Did you know that Dove started July 7, 1970 in partnership with several churches in the area with a focus on helping others? Today Dove has grown to include numerous programs all working together to uphold Doves mission and serve our communities.
Dove is a coalition of religious organizations, volunteers, and advocates that seek to coordinate efforts to address unmet human needs and social injustices. Dove works for justice, equality and understanding among all people.
As the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Director I am in awe of all that Dove programs accomplish every day. Without the help and support form partner churches, area organizations, donors, and volunteers Dove would not be as successful as you make us!
From programs that have been hosted by Dove for years to the just starting Senior Companion Program Dove works to stay up to date with the needs of others. They do that by changing to adapt to the times. Today is no different from yesterday. Our mission is still the same. It has carried us through the first 50 years, and we look for it to carry us through the next 50.
As loyal supporters and volunteers we challenge you to help us celebrate in your own way.
- Tell 50 family, friends, or neighbors about Dove and the services they provide
- Collect 50 items to donate to our Homeward Bound or Domestic Violence Programs
- Help to fundraise on Dove’s behalf to help us keep the important programs serving five area counties
- Collect enough coupons and funds to send the next 50 boxes of coupons overseas
- Make it your mission to collect 50 items for any one of our events
- Collect 50 coats with you church for Coats for Kids, supply 50 rolls of wrapping paper for the Christmas baskets
- Commit to volunteering for 50 days or hours in 2020.
Join us in celebrating Dove’s 50th anniversary in a golden way.
RSVP & SCP Program Director